Thursday, July 26, 2012

Delicious! Cheesy Garlic Biscuits

I recently took my mom, sister and the kids out to lunch as a thank-you for hosting me and the two kids while my husband was away in May. We went to Red Lobster. I hadn't been there in a long time. Probably the reason is going out to restaurants with kids is too much of a hassle and well, my husband isn't a fan of seafood... so it's not a place that comes to mind first.

It was a great time and my kids behaved (to a degree) during the outing (THANK-YOU iPAD!)

What I love about Red Lobster is their Chedder Bay biscuits they give out at the beginning of the meal! I could eat 10 of those yummy delicious things!

Well I recently found a recipe via Pinterest on a copy cat recipe. The first one I saw looked very good but I dug a bit deeper and found another recipe that looked better! I whipped them up and in no time I had pretty much a homemade copy cat version of the cheesy garlic biscuits!




I found the recipe at Emily's Joyful Abode, but posting the recipe here for you to try! Check out the web link to see pictures and step-by-step instructions. The recipe is VERY easy and VERY quick!

In the end, TA DA!

Delicious, soft and warm cheesy garlic biscuits.. a la Red Lobster! ;)


Cheesy Garlic Biscuits


Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
Ingredients:
2 cups of buttermilk biscuit mix (aka Bisquick is what I used)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 to 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cups of milk
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 teaspoons of oregano
1 teaspoon of garlic salt



Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a cooking sheet with nonstick spray.

Dump into a bowl Bisquick, garlic powder, and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir everything together.

Pour in 2/3 cups of milk. Stir until combined.

Spoon mixture onto non-stick baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. 

Meanwhile, melt butter and add oregano and garlic salt.

When timer goes off, take biscuits out of oven and brush the butter mixture over each biscuit. Place biscuits back into oven for another 5-6 minutes or until lightly brown. Serve warm! mmm


2 comments:

  1. We love those biscuits too!! I made a copy cat version with Bisquick as well a long time ago similar to this recipe and you're right...so easy to make and so good!

    P.S. Norm is missing out on seafood!! I don't think I could pass on shrimp, crab legs and lobster...mmmm lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw it on your Pinterest board first awhile back and just started trying it like a month ago! mmmm SO YUMMYEEEEEE!!

      Yah, totally Norm is missing out!! He hates the "fishy" smell/taste of anything from the ocean/lakes/waters. He'll eat salmon or halibut but that's about it. Oh well, more for me if we go somewhere like mom's and they have shrimp! :) mmmm

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...